Tuesday, August 8, 2017

dedicate our new space with music!

Hello to all of the former choristers of TBE
Rabbi Gouze would asked me to get the choir back together to consecrate our new space with song.
The dedication, or consecration (don't know exactly what they're callling the event yet) will be on September 10 (also don't know the time yet…)
Rabbi Gouze asked me about a song by Debbie Friedman…
I did a quick bit of research and actually came up with 4 songs that sounded like they had potential.
Build This House by Debbie Friedman
Holy Place by Debbie Friedman
Shelter of Peace by Debbie Freidman
and I found an interesting song by Robbie Solomon, too…

I thought it would be nice if we could work up a little medley of beautiful and appropriate songs.
Would you be interested in getting together for a couple of rehearsals and helping to make this a beautiful event?
I think we're going to be meeting a new cantor, too.
I see in the Rabbi's weekly letter…
Friday, August 18th: Kabbalat Shabbat dinner on August 18th with the meet and greet of Cantor Rubinstein – more info to follow
mmmm…..

Let me know what you think!
Harris Shilakowsky
PS If you can think of any one else who might be interested in singing (and preferably has a good voice and can hold a tune…)
…and anyone who might be interested in also playing instruments, because, although the Rabbi didn't mention it, I think it would be more interesting if we mixed it up with some acappella and also some ensemble music.

No comments: